Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BLISS TALKS WITH JEREMY Part Two

BLISS: Your portfolio is very diverse and offers a variety of roles that you can portray well. Is there a particular type or style of image that you prefer?

JEREMY TANG: I don’t have a particular type or style of image I prefer to do.  I like to challenge myself in different looks.  But whoever I work with, the image has to meet the style and class.


B: I love the photo David Vance took of you with the flash in front of your crotch.  Do you have a favorite amongst the many shots you've taken?

JT: Thanks! Working with David Vance is amazing.  I would love to work with him again and again and still don’t get bored.  I don’t get many photos back from him.  But I like every single photo he took of me.


B: A portfolio like yours does not happen overnight. You have worked with some of the best. Do you remember what your very first shoot was like?

JT: Honestly, I don’t remember what my first shoot is like.  It has been a while.

B: What would you say was your most challenging shoot, and what made it so?

JT: Every single of my shoots are challenging.  When I worked with David Vance, I had to jump a lot on bare feet and it hurt.  When I worked with Ed Freeman’s underwater shoot, I had to be underwater most of the time.  I had to swim in a certain depth and at a certain angle, repeatedly.

B: By contrast, which photo shoot sticks out in your mind as being the best experience?

JT: It is when I did a commercial shot with Morgan Stanley commercial shoot in NYC.  First of all, they blocked the whole street which I thought was unnecessary.  Second of all, we were shooting in the middle of freezing cold winter.  They put a light suite on me and told me to pretend it is spring.  My legs were shaking and freezing cold.  Out of nowhere, they brought a huge heat blower to keep me warm.  It helped a lot, but it was still cold.  Luckily I had more than 20 people on the set to help me out. Lastly, throughout the whole shoot, I spoke to photographer one time and 5 sentences.  We weren’t even in the same truck.


B: What is the most important lesson you've learned, as a model, throughout your years of shooting?

JT: Listen to photographers and directors, and give them what they want, even though I may not like the look and pose.  It is not about me, it is about them.


B: Art means different things to different people, and some photographers use their talents to make a statement through the images. If you had the opportunity to make a grand statement through your photos, what would it be and how would you convey that through your pictures?

JT: It would be fearless or badass. Lol.  I have done a shoot where I have wig on, wearing women’s clothes, high heels, make up, etc.  If you think there is any look I haven’t done yet, feel free to suggest!

B: What advice would you give to a new Asian male model who decided he wanted to get into modeling?

JT: It is good when an Asian male model is confident. But knowing your own product is very important. You have to realistically recognize if your current look fits the market you want to be in or not. 


B: When I look at your photos, I see nothing but beauty, but is there something about your that you wish you could change in terms of your face and physicality?

JT: I am happy with my face and physique.  I don’t want to be as big as Peter Le.  Lol.  I would like to be cut, lean, and ripped. That is if and when I can cut down on the sugar and carbs!

B: Have you ever done a shoot and been unhappy with the way the photos turned out? If so, how do you handle that situation with the photographer?

JT: That has happened a few times.  I usually discuss with photographer what the problems are.  There is not much I can do.  In general, we always find at least a few good pictures in a shoot.


B: As a photographer, I find inspiration everywhere, and other photographers fuel my desire to try new things and keep improving and perfecting my craft. Are there any models that you've been inspired or influenced by?

JT: I don’t have a particular one by which I am inspired or influenced.  I judge each by their individual photos.

B: What are the 5 things that you value most in life?

JT: Peace, love, happiness, respect, and wisdom.


B: Your best friend is Ziv, who is an incredible model, himself. Any plans to shoot with him as you did with your brother?


JT: I have actually done 3 shoots with Ziv. They are pretty much commercial. I will include one of them in the photos for this interview.




B: What upcoming projects should we be on the lookout for from you?

JT: I have stopped modeling for a few months now.  I don’t have plans to do any shoots in the near future.  But I would like to do a shoot with my 2 brothers, Jay Tang and Ricky Tang, just for fun.


B: Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us. Any last words?

JT: Yes, Facebook just deleted my fan page, because they thought some of my photos were too risqué for Facebook.  If you want to see more of me, visit:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jeremy-Tang/261407634619
 
©2010 - Sean Dibble

Jeremy Tang
www.modelmayhem.com/JeremyTang

Photos: Bubbaclicks
www.modelmayhem.com/bubbaclicks

David Vance
http://www.davidvance.com/
http://www.davidvanceprints.com/
www.modelmayhem.com/DavidVance
(Get David's book EROTIC DREAMS @ http://www.amazon.com/)

Ziv
http://www.zivonline.com/
www.modelmayhem.com/zmx3

Henning Von Berg
http://www.henning-von-berg.com/
www.modelmayhem.com/597960
(Get Henning's book ALPHA MALES @ www.amazon.com)

Sandro Bross
http://www.sandrobross.com/
www.modelmayhem.com/735915

Kemuel Valdes
http://www.valdesarthouse.com/
www.modelmayhem.com/43699

Miguel Eduardo Photography
http://www.miguelphotos.com/
www.modelmayhem.com/miguelphotography

David Grant Photography
www.modelmayhem.com/DavidGrantPhotography

Amaury Grisel

No comments:

Post a Comment

David Costa

COUTUREBOY

BeautifulMag